Sunday, March 27, 2005

Lowering the tone.....FAST FOOD!

This is our just-got-back-from-a-walk-to-late-to-do-any-real-cooking staple but it's still fairly nutritious, super-quick and loved by Pip and Titch.

> Cook pasta= 50/50 brown and white.
> To any jar of yummy vegan pasta (tonight we had 'Discovery' tomato and roasted pepper) sauce add a block of grated tempeh and a can of tinned or several fresh (depending upon season) chopped plum tomatoes.
< Serve the sauce over the pasta topped with steamed brocolli spears and pan roasted cashews (or sunflower seeds for the cashew-hating Pip)

That's all folks!
Trying to upload a photo but it's proving trickier than preparing that meal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Hey! Welcome to 'recipe of the day!' This sounds really yummy, and my kind of meal, ie, fast and healthy. I've not done tempeh- is it a bit like tofu? I'm sure I've eaten it, but never quite know how to prepare it. I think I've seen it in the local organic shops. We dont have a whole food shop, as such, just an expensive deli, and 2 expensive organic shops! We love those 'vegideli' sausages, but I wish I could get them somewhere cheaper. Not tried the Discovery sauce, either; the children don't seem to like any sauces on pasta apart from pesto.

11:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home