Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Pronto Lasagna.

You might suspect I bought a job lot of short date tempeh.....and you'd be right!

Lurvely Lasagna.

>Lightly fry 1 onion and a generous handful of sliced mushrooms in a good slosh of olive oil until the onion is transparent.
>Add to this 1 pack of tempeh, grated and 1 jar of organic pasta sauce (tonight it was 'Seeds of change' tomato and basil). Turn down very low and add a cup of water.
> Make a white sauce using a generous blob of vegan marg, some plain flour and about 1 pint of unsweetened soya milk. When thickened add 3/4 block of vegan cheddar.
>Starting with a layer of cheese sauce, then lasagna, then tempeh sauce, layer up the lasagna ending in a layer of cheese sauce. Sprinkle some reserved cheddar over the top and bake at 180C-200C for about 25 mins. Half way through cooking liberally sprinkle pine kernels all over. Serve with salad (and lightly steamed carrots and peas for the salad-sceptic children).

Blinking gorgeous, even if I do say so myself!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

Well, you've just read my mind, I think, as we had tvp lasagne last night and today, but I had to save a bit of the sauce and add it to some pasta for Allie, as he is dairy free (in theory!). I was going to ask if anyone knew how to make dairy free lasagne, and I had a feeling you would know. Are you Vegan,then? (duh,a bit slow to catch on aren't I?).Sounds lurvely!

10:57 pm  
Blogger Heather said...

Yes, but not thin or strictly strict. Just to be clear ;-)

11:10 pm  
Blogger Rosie said...

ROFL Are vegans thin,then? I have been vaguely vegan,on and off. (Mostly off) But I never have been able to stand milk. I have phases when I can't face eggs, too, though these dont always coincide. Allie is dairy free atm due to excema.
Funnily enough, if I go dairy-free I do lose weight (see picture)

11:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home