Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Hummous

OK, people, here's my hummous recipe, now I've managed to make it edible. My friend, Jill told me how to make it, and she knows. I gave her a hand blender for a thankyou/housewarming present, which she uses for this. I must get a new one, as mine's a bit tired.

1 tin chickpeas (Natco are the best)
1 large spoonful of tahini
2 slugs of olive oil (add more if needed when mixing)
Same for water
juice of 1 lemon
1 or 2 cloves of garlic (this amount is for people who don't really like garlic!)
a bit of salt

Put all of this into a medium sized bowl before you do anything
Mix with a hand blender untill smooth.
Add more water if necessary
Serve with pitta bread or toast dippers and a salad of sprouts and grated carrot

I think it's better with sunflower oil, as olive oil can be a bit bitter, depends on your oil. And lot's of salt- up to 1 tsp. Also, tip for blending: add only half the chickpeas at first, then blend then add the rest

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home