Monday, January 16, 2006

Bean Goulash

The other night I called in at Dave's to drop the key off after group. He had nipped out, but I lingered in the kitchen, enjoying the lovely smell of something cooking. O, why could I not come home to something lovely cooking on the stove? I would have to do it myself. This recipe was my attempt to recreate what I imagined it was. I've no idea what it was, but this turned out very tasty, anyway.

olive oil
1 onion
garlic
2 carrots
1/4 celeriac
2 peppers
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 carton of passata
tin kidney beans
tin butter beans (or any beans!)
paprika-2-4 pinches
stock cube/marmite


chop onion and garlic and fry in oil in big saucepan
chop/dice root veg and add
slice peppers into thick strips and stir in
add tomatoes, passata, and beans and flavouring
simmer with lid on till done

serve with couscous, grated beetroot and sour cream/yogurt

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home