Wednesday, November 24, 2004

the wrong sort of flour

Put the wrong sort of flour in the breadmaker last night (ordinary plain white flour instead of strong, bread flour), which I thought would end in utter disaster. I spotted the packet just before I went to bed, but couldn't be bothered to do anything about it, and thought I'll just see what happens. It turned out to be hardly any different!
Have chickpeas on to soak ATM. They don't do tinned chickpeas in LIDL, which is where I have to go since I have been let down terribly by Tesco.com. I can never get a delivery slot within 2 or 3 days and It's so difficult to know what I need in advance. Anyway, Its evil, and I end up spending ridiculous abounts of money. I can get things like dried pulses on the market. Thought I would make some hoummus, seeing as the stuff I bought in the deli yesterday was a bit horrible. I went in there to get malt extract and semolina to make breadsticks (to go with hoummus). They didn't have any semolina, so I'll have to manage without. Jem said "what's semolina?" I never thought I'd live to see the day when a child said that! Actually I have a massive bag of ground rice I got from the "Asian Specialities" section in Tesco- maybe that will do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home