Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Risotto

I just fancied this, Well, we didn't have much food in, but I always have rice and a few bits of veg and olive oil. That's basically it: fry up a couple of onions in loads of olive oil, add a few chopped up veg, eg mushrooms, broccoli, courgette, and 3 cloves of garlic. Add 6-8 portions of rice and water/stock. Simmer and add more water as needed, stirring occasionally. I always add peas- this time I used frozen mixed veg, which was nice- peas, sweetcorn, baby carrots, green beans. add some fresh herbs, eg marjoram, thyme, and some pine kernels or cashews, and sultanas. when the rice is cooked and creamy it is ready. I served it with sosmix sausages for a quick al fresco supper.

(oo, hark at her... sounds a bit posh). I dont know if this is proper risotto, whatever that is, but I've just rescued a few old recipe books from the garage that might shed some light on that if I get round to looking at them.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rosie said...

cheers, jayne. I'm not near Morrissons but I might know a man who is, or will be. In Sheffield perhaps?
Did you know this blog is open to members? I see you are into vegetarianism...

12:45 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

nice butons

12:45 am  
Blogger Rosie said...

buttons

12:46 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home