Tuesday, December 28, 2004

A note about this blog

I originally intended this blog to be a kind of food diary, so reserve the right to enter "beans on toast" whenever I deem that is appropriate. But also a way of keeping and sharing recipes. pics and thoughts on food in general. I have only just added the email comment alert, so, sorry if I have been a bit late noticing comments.

Food is such an important part of family life. We spend a lot of time preparing and consuming it. I believe that it is an important part of the children's education, not just in helping to prepare and eat it, but learning to respect it and not take it for granted. Also, part of our celebration of festivals and the understanding of and connectivity to the cycle of the year is done through the food we eat. And there is much to be learned about where food comes from, and how it is produced. In today's culture of fast food and TV dinners many children seem to grow up without learning not only how to cook, but how to eat, and I try to be mindful of this and strive to have regular family mealtimes where we can all eat happily together, in a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere. (I wish)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home