Thursday, April 13, 2006

Quintessential Quinoa

Serves 8
4 med. yellow onions, chopped
1 large red pepper, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp of sea salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups of rinsed Quinoa
4 cups of water
2 vegetarian soup stock cubes

Add finely chopped onions, minced garlic, and salt to olive oil in wok and sauté until onions are slightly brown. Then add chopped red pepper and continue to sauté until onions are caramelized. Add water, stock cubes and rinsed quinoa and bring to a simmer. Stir once after five minutes then simmer for 35 minutes or until water has been cooked in.

(I just found this recipe here) and tried it out. We had it with 1/2 a baked potato, veggie sausage and salad. I thought it was nice and Joy did. The boys managed to eat most of it, which is pretty good for them. I've not tried quinoa before. I was thinking to treat it a bit like couscous, after it is cooked.

Also, I've just been given a load of ready- to-eat dried apricots, so need recipes for these, please!

1 Comments:

Blogger Technokitten said...

I have a pack of quinoa lurking in my cupboard and I've never quite known what to do with it. I'll give this a try. Thanks!

10:56 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home