Monday, November 06, 2006

hebden poridge

Breakfast: We have been back to eating porridge every day for a while, after a summer of muesli. I make it with oats and water and add honey, or sometimes golden syrup. Maple syrup would be nice- havent had that for a while.

Lunch: Dips-
I made guacomole from 1 1/2 avacodos, 1 clove of garlic, lemon juice, salt, and enough yougurt to make it smooth.
Butter bean hummus- the same as hummus, only with tinned butter beans instaed of chick peas.
Other dips- cream cheese dip.
crudites: carrot sticks, cucumber sticks, bread sticks, pitta bread, crisps
Salad: alfalfa sprouts, cucumber, lettuce, tomato, avocado.

"Hebden poridge" is what I sometimes get on letters, as when I write "Bridge" it looks a bit like "poridge"

2 Comments:

Blogger Gill said...

Porrige is wonderful food isn't it? Very calming and nourishing :-)
And cheap! We eat it here when I remember to cook it.

3:47 pm  
Blogger Marjery said...

We have porridge every day all the time with honey and soys milk. I cook oats and water 2 bowls in the microwave for 4 minutes and it comes out perfect every time.

12:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home